Focus on Business
Open 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
Featured Business of the Day
Gary Woods Agency, Inc.
7211 NW 83rd St., Ste. 140
Kansas City, MO 64152
Contact: Gary Woods
Next Chamber Event
Dec. 18, 2013 - Chamber Luncheon
Elms Hotel & Spa
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Sponsored by the Elms Hotel & Spa
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
||CHAMBER CASH PROGRAM
Click here for participating merchants.
||Chamber and City of Excelsior Springs Prospectus
Click here to view now.
||Official Guide of the
Chamber of Commerce
Click here to view now.
Chamber Community Christmas Committee
Click here to visit the website.
|Focus on Community
• Now thru Dec. 14 "Every Christmas Story Ever Told" will be presented at Paradise Playhouse Dinner Theatre, 6-9:30 p.m. Tickets range from $30 to $32 and include a full dinner buffet by Kansas City's own Golden Ox. Call 816-630-3333 or visit the website for reservations.
• Dec. 1-30 Downtown Holiday Passport. Get your passport to savings from any of the downtown participating businesses or at the Hall of Waters Visitor Center. For more information visit the website.
• Dec. 5 Mineral Water Bowl Reception, The Elms Hotel & Spa, 401 Regent Ave., 5:30 - 7 p.m. An informal buffet to meet and greet both Mineral Water Bowl teams, the SMSU Mustangs and the Pitt State Gorillas and their coaches, administrators and fans. For more information visit the website.
• Dec. 5-8 "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" will be presented by the Excelsior Springs Community Theatre at Slightly Off Broadway Theatre, 114 N. Marietta, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays at 7:30 p.m.; Sundays 2 p.m. Now celebrating its 50th anniversary, Broadway's greatest farce is light, fast-paced, witty, irreverent and one of the funniest musicals ever written. Forum takes comedy back to its roots, combining situations from time tested 2000 year old comedies of Roman playwright Plautus with the infectius energy of classic vaudeville. Call 816-637-3728 or visit the website for online tickets.
• Dec. 6 Mineral Water Bowl Banquet, Excelsior Springs High School, 612 Tiger Dr., 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Mineral Water Bowl teams, the SMSU Mustangs and the Pitt State Gorillas, their staff members, coaches, school administrators and fans will enjoy a Wabash BBQ meal and hear a guest speaker. Banquet will be held in the commons. $25 per person. For online ticket reservations, visit the website.
• Dec. 7 48th Annual Mineral Water Bowl, Excelsior Springs High School Tiger Stadium, Tiger Dr. Noon kickoff for Southwest Minnesota State Mustangs vs Pitt State Gorillas. Tickets $10 per person. For more information and online tickets, visit the website. Sponsored by the Excelsior Springs Quarterback Club.
• Dec. 7 Annual Holiday Homes Tours, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Five local residents open their homes to the public for a tour of their festive, holiday decorations. Includes a guided passport to the homes and treats along the way.
• Dec. 7-8 Live Music Weekend at Willow Spring, 249 E. Broadway, 2-5 p.m. on Saturday; 1-4 p.m. on Sunday.
• Dec. 13 Second Fridays in downtown Excelsior Springs, 5-8 p.m. An evening of art, music, shopping and dining. Sponsored by the Downtown Excelsior Partnership.
• Dec. 13 Snowball Drop, 6-7 p.m. Join us for this family friendly event with special offers on snowballs dropped from the top of a building. Sponsored by the Downtown Excelsior Partnership.
• Dec. 14 Santa's Workshop at the Community Center, sponsored by Excelsior Springs Park and Recreation. For more information call 816-630-1040 or visit the website.
• Dec. 14 Breakfast with Santa & Vendor Show, Lewis Elementary School, 501 Leavenworth St., 8 -11 a.m. Enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast with family and friends. Bring your own camera to get a memorable picture of your little ones as they sit on Santa's lap and tell him all their Christmas wishes. Then take a little time to visit with our vendors/crafters that will be selling many wonderful items, just in time for Christmas. Pancake Breakfast $5 per person.
• Dec. 14 Candy Cane Hunt, 1-3 p.m. Bring the kiddos for a fun adventure downtown Excelsior Springs hunting candy canes. Sponsored by the Downtown Excelsior Partnership.
• Dec. 14-15 Rowdy Blonde Studios Jewelry Show & Party, Willow Spring, 249 E. Broadway. Meet artist Suzette Walker, enjoy live music, gourmet food and wine. Make it a girlfriend weekend at our place.
• Dec. 14-15 Live Music Weekend at Willow Spring, 249 E. Broadway, 2-5 p.m. on Saturday; 1-4 p.m. on Sunday.
Click here for complete event calendar information.